4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hide Parameter Box (2002)

Hi,
    Long time, no post. Ok, I had a baby and have been out of the work force for 10 months. I am now getting back into work part time and my Access cob webs are clearing slowly. I have an unbound form with a date field and an OK button that when that is clicked on it opens the report that is based on the Query that points to the unbound form for its criteria. The problem is when I click my cancel button, I want it to close the form. It does close the form, but after I close the form the Parameter dialog box that Access shows when theres no data appears and I can't seem to get that box to not show. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?
    Thanks,
    Deb

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Hide Parameter Box (2002)

Hi Deb,

Congratulations!

Do you really mean a parameter box, or a message box? And what is the code behind the Cancel button?

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I mean the box that comes up to prompt you to enter the parameter value. It shouldn't appear because its supposed to be getting its value from the unbound form. The cancel button has a macro attached to the on click event, that has the Close Action and then the msgbox action.
    Thanks,
    Deb

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I fear I'm missing something.
    - The OK button opens the report which uses the value form the form.
    - The Cancel button closes the form, I assume without opening the report. So there should be no reason for the parameter prompt to appear. Or is the report open when you click the Cancel button?

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Ok, as always Hans I appreciate your help. I am working on some elses db and I found some error in their logic. Basically they have a report that is based off a qry that has a parameter value and that value points to an unbound text box on an unbound form to get its data. Well they were opening the report first then opening the form to get the data. Backwards....so thats why that box was coming up.
    Thanks,
    Deb

Super Moderator
    Thanks

To catch for this mistake you can check whether the form is loaded in the OnOpen event of the report.

This event has a Cancel parameter which can be set to true to stop the report opening.

If Not isLoaded(formname) then
    msgbox "Form not open - report cannot be opened without it."
    cancel =true
    end if
    Regards
    John