Thanks

Can't break links (Excel 2003)

I have a workbook where I wrote code to copy one sheet to its own workbook. The code renames the sheet, gets a workbook name from the user, breaks the links to the source workbook and saves itself. Everything works except the breaking the links. Even when I do it manually via Edit/Links, the links remain with no error message (in code or when I do it manually). This sheet has links to other sheets and some pictures (done via the camera tool) of some charts and tables. The links in the pictures break fine but not the normal cells. I want the formulas replaced by their values.

When I open this newly created workbook, I do get warnings about links but I do not update. When I go to Edit/Links I click 'break links' I get the normal confirmation message, but nothing happens. The parent workbook is still listed in the dialog and links remain. It must be something about this workbook as I can do this fine on a test workbook I made manually. This workbook isn't protected so I can't think of what might cause the links to remain.

Any ideas?

Deb

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Can't break links (Excel 2003)

Have you tried Copy, then Paste Special > Values for the cells containing external references (either manually or in code)?

Thanks

Do you have any named formulas or ranges (via insert - name -define)? They often are created when whole sheets are copied. All names are copied into the new book and the names referring to other sheets become external links.

Steve

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

You could also - s/t restructuring issues - try Move Sheet (instead of Copy Sheet) in your code. HTH
    Gre