2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

How to keep up the option (Access 2000)

I need help as to find a way to preserve the choice i have made in the option box when opening another form.For example, in my form the option box is called Choice.When i click on it, then the column with the contact is seen, relevant to option 1. If i need, i could click on some contact and see the details of it in another form.However, when i go back to the original form, the options are blank and i have to make my choice again.Is it possible the following situation:I click on choice 1, then i double click on some client, open the other form, then go back and find the option 1 still valid ?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: How to keep up the option (Access 2000)

Don't close frmDiary in the On Dbl Click event of ClientID, and don't open it in the On Click event of CmdBackToDiary on frmClients.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks a lot. You are right and in my stripped database that i have sent it works.However in my real database, when i try to go back from CmdBackToDiary i get the following message:
    Enter parameter value Forms!frmClients!ClientID. The result is OK, i just do not need this message and it disturbs me.In the previous case, wheni used to close the form, this message did not appear.
    I think this is because of the way i open the form : DoCmd.OpenForm FormName:="frmClients", WhereCondition:="[ClientID] = " & Me!ClientID.What do you think ?

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Opening a form with a Where clause such as you have used should not result in a parameter prompt when you close it.

There needs to be some other explanation.

Do you have any queries in use that have Forms!frmClients!ClientID as a parameter.

What code do you have in the button that closes frmClients?

Sometimes such prompts are 'spurious' and have no real basis and can be hard of get rid of.
    Regards
    John