Lounger
    Thanks

Option Buttons (97 /Not sure)

I have a sheet which has already been created which has 5 option buttons within a group. When you select one of the buttons, a 1 through 5 appears in the next column of the spreadsheet depending on the button selected.
    What I would like to do is use this as a format for further questions each having the same 5 options and for one of these five to be seen as selected on the next column of the sheet.
    However when I cut and paste and try and change the format control option to a different cell on the next column firstly the previous set of five all point to this and also the number of values increases so I nolonger get a 1 through 5 but 1 through 10 set. What I want is one value 1-5 associated with the first question remaining pointing to the cell and then another 1-5 associated with the second question pointing to a different cell and so on.

I hope this is enough to explain my problem

regards

Angus

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Option Buttons (97 /Not sure)

Hi Angus,

Try th efollowing and see if it helps.

1. Make sure you have the Forms Toolbar available. Go to Tools, Customize, select the Toolbars tab and make sure the Forms Toolbar is ticked.

2. When you copy and paste a group of 5 option buttons, go to the toolbar and select the GroupBox (it should look like a square with very small xyz at the top.

3. Then draw a group box around the pasted option buttons.

3. Go to the first of the new options and under Format, Control set the cell link to the required cell.

Repeat the above for each group you wish to create.

If the above does not help, could you post a worksheet with a copy of the existing option buttons and the cell reference (no need for any further content) and somebody might be able to advise further.

Andrew C

Lounger
    Thanks

Andrew,

This worked, but only after I had deleted the group box that came when I pasted the buttons.
    Thanks

Angus

Lounger
    Thanks

After initial success, the problem is still there. I have attached a part of the file I am trying to create.

regards
    Angus
    Attached Files Attached Files

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Angus,

I had a look at your workbook, and the controls seem to all over the place, so I created (on a new sheet) a Group and placed 5 controls in it, and made 5 copies. I think if you are going to copy a group of controls, it is better to copy them before linking to a cell.

I have not linked any of them to a cell. You should be able to link each group to a different cell.

Andrew C
    Attached Files Attached Files

Lounger
    Thanks

I have now completed my questionnaire, however having gone through and placed a cell link to a different point in the spreadsheet for each of the option boxes over eight sheets, the cell pointers appeared to be blanked in the previous sheets. Only notice this because I wanted to test the graphs which I will produce on the basis of the results.

Is there something I am missing, should I be protecting the sheet. Is it affected by me hiding the cell linked column (Although I can't see why?).

Thanks in advance for any help

Angus