Star Lounger
    Thanks

On Entry (Access 2000)

I know things like Private Sub Name_MouseDown(etc etc) or Private Sub Name_DblClk(etc etc), but what is the one for when you just simply enter or browse for a record? or am i barking up the wrong tree.

I'd like for the background of the record being viewed tobe green, i.e. it's completed. Basically three fields all have to meet a criteria before the record goes green.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: On Entry (Access 2000)

Is this in a single form or in a continuous form?

If it is a single form, you can use the On Current event of the form, i.e. Private Sub Form_Current(). You can test the conditions and set the Back Color property of the Detail section.

This won't work in a continuous form, however - if you set the Back Color of the detail section, it will affect all visible records. You could put a text box behind all other controls and use its Control Source and Format | Conditional Formatting to simulate setting a background color.
    There are other methods for highlighting records in a continuous form - see <post:=442,777>post 442,777</post:> and <post:=382,292>post 382,292</post:>.