Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

MailWasher and BlueFrog

An email from Nick Bolton of Firetrust (MailWasher) points out that BlueFrog has been terminated. He sent this link and I'll say no more about it, other than if you opted IN on BlueFrog, you'll have to un-install it now: Blue Security calls it quits after attack by renegade spammer | The Register

Edited to add: Sorry, I didn't realize that <post:=575,429>post 575,429</post:> was about this subject too. I think I'll leave this post for awhile, since mine is a reminder to MailWasher users who may need to take some action on their local computers.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: MailWasher and BlueFrog

Hey Al,

Haven't looked into it much myself, but there's a report from ZDNet UK about BlackFrog. It's supposed to take over the BlueFrog service that was shutdown. I didn't see a link to the software, but for anyone interested, I'm sure they'd be able to search it out via Google or their favourite engine.
    Christopher Baldrey

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: MailWasher and BlueFrog

Okay... did a little more reading.

Okopipi (a poisonous blue frog) is the OpenSource project. Black Frog apparently, was a similar project that will nolonger be developed (read this in a Slashdot.org article).
    Christopher Baldrey