Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Debug ignoring breakpoints (WinXP/Word2003)

Could someone tell me what circumstances/settings/etc would cause a template to ignore a breakpoint, running straight through it and running the code as if it wasn't there?!

I have just found a template that is doing this - it complained of a non-existent property, so I set a breakpoint in order to step through and find out which property, or at least which line is causing the problem, and it just won't!

I put a msgbox line before it to make it stop and that works, but the moment I clicked ok to continue it whizzes straight on again. Is there a code line to say "if vbno then pause and allow step through from this point" ie a code line to act as a breakpoint?

This set of templates is driving me absolutely crazy!
    Beryl M

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Debug ignoring breakpoints (WinXP/Word2003)

You can use the instuction

Stop

to make code pause - it acts (or should act) the same as placing a breakpoint. You can make the pause conditional by using an If ... Then statement:

If condition Then
    Stop
    End If

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Debug ignoring breakpoints (WinXP/Word2003)

Hmm - now that's a very useful little command to know! I haven't tested it on my problem template yet, but it certainly does work as a breakpoint on a well-behaved template.

Let's hope it does the same on the problem one, when I get a chance to try it - which might not be until next week, as one of my cats is due to have kittens tomorrow and I'm having kittens at the thought!

Thanks, Hans!
    Beryl M