2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Squares display in subject line (2003 SP2)

Have a user who received an email (rich text format) and the subject displays normally until he opens it. Then instead of the text, all that's displayed are square boxes. I've seen this before, but can't remember what it was. Can someone please jog my memory? The receiver also has his mail format set at rich text.

Thanks

Re: Squares display in subject line (2003 SP2)

The display changes in the Inbox, or the message window that opens is incorrect? In the latter case, I would suspect a problem with the character set of the message, but I don't think I've ever seen this myself. (Also, I don't use Word as my mail editor; Word can add another layer of complexity.)

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Squares display in subject line (2003 SP2)

Sorry - I wasn't very plain. The user sees the unopened message in his inbox and can see the text on the subject line fine. When he opens the message the subject shows a string of about 10-15 square boxes. If he closes it, you can again see the subject text. It looks like the little squares you see (that I assume are end of message characters) in a text file that has been downloaded from a mainframe. Also, the user does not use Word as his email editor, just rich text.