2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Find item (2000)

Hello,

I am wondering if there is a way to find a item in one of my outlook folders easily.

I have about 500 items and I am wanting to know an easy way instead of scolling and straining my eyes to find the right item. The search field I used to identify the item is called ProgramNo. Is there a way in outlook maybe to bring up a form with a search textbox where I can type the ProgramNo in and it will bring me to the closest matching item? or is there a built in funtion that can do this

Thank you

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Find item (2000)

Have you tried the Advanced Find Tool? Select the top Folder you want to search, and press Control-Shift-F. Examine all the options available, including under the Browse dialog where you can choose to search subfolders or not. Maximize the Find box for easier review of the found items.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

how hard would it be to make a customized, or shorter straight to the point Advanced find, so basically I would not have to set the browse to the folder and pick the field uder programfield55a each time but simple type the Value to search for click ok and get the results?

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

If this is for just one folder, you could create a named Filter View of that Folder, and save it as a shortcut. I only have access to Outlook 2003 and the steps for the shortcut are very different. To create the Filtered View, something like View | Current Views | Customize Current View | Copy - create a new View name, and then set a Filter on the new named View to search for the text "ProgramNo". Then you should be able to create a shortcut to this Filtered View, but I can't help with that step.

(In Outlook 2003, this is a perfect situation for a Search Folder.)
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS