Lounger
    Thanks

Multiple Email Setup on Exchange (OL 2003 SP2)

I'd like to hear from some Road Warriors on preferred email setup configuration. My office uses an Exchange 2003 server. In the past, I have used a .pst and pulled my email off the Exchange server when on the network, or using a different profile when out of office/off network, I accessed the office mail via pop3 using the same .pst for my data file. The limitation is I don't get full Exchange/Outlook function when I use a .pst for my data files. For example, my calendar doesn't function properly since it is not kept on the Exchange server.

I travel a good bit and use a laptop and I just got a treo 700w for email. I have an office email acct on the Exchange server, but also have several SSL & POP3 accts which I need to access. Somehow I need to leave mail on the Exchange server until it is "pushed" to my Treo. I also need to access a good bit of old email from time to time so I need a system that will allow that.

What kind of configuration would you recommend?

Thanks in advance,
    kmack

Thanks

Re: Multiple Email Setup on Exchange (OL 2003 SP2)

Are you traveling with your own laptop? In that case, using Outlook 2003 over a VPN connection is easiest. If you can't get VPN access, there probably is another way to use Outlook 2003 with your Exchange Server, but I don't know what it would be. (I generally just use Outlook Web Access if I want access to old messages or all my folders.)

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Multiple Email Setup on Exchange (OL 2003 SP2)

Thanks for the reply!

Yes. it is my own laptop. My office doesn't provide VPN despite having the license and hardware/software to do so and I agree, that would be the best option.

I think I'm going to cave in to the IT dept and just go with Exchange as the setup and use my old pst as an archive. Then I can use rules to handle the emails that come in from my POP accts.

Unless someone has a better idea? Like how about someone with experience using Exchange via HTTP? Is it worth trying?