2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

disappearing 'red dots'

after logging in to the Lounge and navigating to a specific forum (Excel, for example) there will be many messages with the little red dots (meaning messages that are are unread?).

When I leave the lounge without reading those posts the red dots are still there. However, after logging back in, all the red dots are gone.

Is this the what is supposed to happen? Or, should the red dots stay until I have actually read the message? Is there a setting that controls this? If so, where (I have looked and can't find one).

thanks in advance

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: disappearing 'red dots'

You didn't miss anything. That's the way the Lounge works. If you open one of those threads that you didn't read before, you'll still see the red dots on posts you haven't read.
    Charlotte

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: disappearing 'red dots'

Steve,

What Charlotte said- but additionally, the forum (as far as I can work out) doesn't really keep a log of every single post- it only keeps something like the last time & date you have read a post for that forum. So if you go into a forum, and read just the most recent post, the red dots for other posts *may* have disappeared.

If you want to keep track of everything, there's 3 ways which might help:
    .Read from the oldest post first
    .Try to read every unread post on each visit
    .or get a digest of daily posts
    Subway Belconnen- home of the Signboard to make you smile. Get (almost) daily updates- follow SubwayBelconnen on Twitter.