Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Caveat www.bestbookbuys.com

For at least the past 3 weeks, the bestbookbuys search engine has been skipping www.bookpool.com for most books for which I have inquired.

In an email, bestbookbuys informed me that:

"We've been experiencing technical problems with bookpool and that's why
    they are currently not in our searches. Please understand that this is not
    intentional. We love bookpool and want to resolve this as soon as possible.
    But sometimes our interface to them severely slows down our entire site. We
    haven't been able to identify the source of the problem yet but we are
    looking into it."

So, in addition to using bestbookbuys, use other search engines and explicitly check www.bookpool.com, as they almost always have the lowest price for computer books (I just ordered 3 a few minutes ago).

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Caveat www.bestbookbuys.com

www.bestbookbuys.com seems to again be working properly, as far as searching www.bookpool.com is concerned.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

There are actually quite a few bookpool couldn't find when I was searching by title or ISBN. Do they only carry certain publishers or topics?

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

caveat emptor INDEED!

Working Properly? How is it that when I searched for ISBN 0471248169, bestbookbuys gives an Amazon quote at $60.00, and Amazon's own site quotes $35.99? Is that the kind of service you're getting from bestbookbuys? That's all I needed not to trust what bestbookbuys is saying.

Good Grief

ileacy

Re: caveat emptor INDEED!

I just checked at <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.bestbookbuys.com>http://www.bestbookbuys.com</A> directly. For some reason ISBN 0471248169 is in the list twice for Amazon.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

ONe is likely for a used copy.

Lately, Amazon has been seeling used books too.

For computer books, it is rare when www.bookpool.com will not have the lowest price.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Check again.

bestbookbuys does list the price as 35.99, but bookpool is 27.50.

best bookbuys also lists a used copy for 60.00, that just has to be aresult of a glitch in amazon's database.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

I've been buying from bookpool since at least Dec 1998. Indeed, it was the first time I ever ordered by credit card over the internet. It was a pure impulse, the additional savings was too large to pass up.

Bookpool does not carry as many books as Amazon, or most others. They do carry the books from most computer publishers.

When you order from certain online sellers, all you are really doing is placing an order with them that gets shipped to you directly from a, say, Ingram or Baker & Taylor distribution center somewhere. So with most online sellers, you can order anything that they can get from their wholesaler. Of course, with Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Border's they too have lare warehouses or use Ingram and Baker and Taylor, or some other wholesaler.

Bookpool is more selective in what sells, and books are shipped directly from bookpool.

They seem to carry all/most of the books from the main computer publishers. Even in specialized areas (I ordered 3 cryptography and 2 database books yesterday). THey should arrive tommorrow. Would have arrived today if I had ordered a bit earlier yesterday,

When I need a book that bookpool doesn't carry, I send email to their support, asking when it can be expected. I've not been disappointed with their answers.

If I just cannot wait, then I look elsewhere.
    Bookpool's prices are so good that even with the extra discounts you see listed at bestbookbuys home page, I rarely find a better price elsewhere.

I buy based on price. THere was one other book I wanted, bookpool had the best price, but this particular book is not widely discounted, the discount was something like 15%, and that was the best price of the online sellers. I'll be getting some coupons htat I can use at a local bookstore soon, so I'll buy that one locally.