2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

O2K Toolbar (Office 2000 / WinMe)

I have Office 2000 SBE. I use the office toolbar a lot. Recently the toolbar came up with only the items on the desktop, instead of the regular office programs (Word, Excel, etc.) When I go to Customize, the only thing available is Desktop, no Office. If I try to add a Toolbar, it won't let me add Office....it says Office is "reseved". I tried re-installing Office from the CD's that came with the Dell computer. These were marked
    SR-1. It did not work. Any suggestions on how to get my toolbar back to normal ?
    Thanks, Tim

ileacy

Re: O2K Toolbar (Office 2000 / WinMe)

You need to delete the registry key.

See this Rules #13 discourages cross posting.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you. I did not mean to dual post. The note you sent me about deleting the registry key seems to have worked. I was a little hesitant about doing that but it did rebuild the key. Now I have my favourites back again.
    Thank you so much.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I deleted the registry entry for Toolbar and the toolbar came back. Only one problem, next time I re-booted the computer, the toolbar was gone again. I re-deleted the registry entry again and this time I added some folders and toolbars. Next time I boot I hope it will still be there. Any idea why ?

ileacy

Hi Tim:

Sounds like some application is corrupting the O2K Shortcut registry keys.

You can use the SysInternals <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/source/regmon.shtml>Regmon</A> utility to find out how the problem is occuring.