jharris

Hyperlinks in O2K (Office 2000, IE5.0)

Hyperlinks do not work any longer in my Office 2000 products including Outlook 2000. Nothing happens when I click a hyperlink in my mail, an Outlook message or any other Office 2000 product. Some hyperlinks do work from within IE, but not all of them.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Hyperlinks in O2K (Office 2000, IE5.0)

Does anything happen at all when you click on them? My hyperlinks were hanging, but if I clicked Stop and then Refresh they would display, but the Title Bar said "No page to display".
    egghead

jharris

When I am in any Office product, the hyperlinks simply do not work. You can click all day long and nothing happens. This is in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Hyperlinks within IE work most of the time.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Have you (or your network administrator if this is at work) installed a new firewall or any kind of filters that would prevent following hyperlinks? The fact that some hyperlinks work in IE suggests that kind of an issue.
    Charlotte

jharris

No, that is not the problem. A man right next to me has virtually the same set-up that I do and he can click on any hyperlink anywhere and they work. He is a MCSE and Senior Engineer and cannot figure out the problem either.

ileacy

Jim:

Do hyperlinks to a local (eg file:c reference work. You can easily test this by creating a new mail document and clicking the link in the original. In my case this automatically opens a browser window for the root of my hard drive.

The mail should not have to be sent to get this to work (I am using Outlook 2K, IE5.5).

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Hi
    Do hyperlinks :

jharris

Well, I did a little experimenting after reading the latest WOW. I had Word as my E-Mail text editor. When I switched to Rich Text Format, if the hyperlinks are actual URL's, they work now. Links still do not work though. At least I am better off now than before. I still need for the links to work though.

ileacy

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=ie&Number=54652&page=0&view =collapsed&sb=5&o=0>This</A> may be the answer.

BAM

Hi Jim,

If you upgraded from WinNT to Win2000 and did not install the SR1a patch then that could be your problem.

See this article from the MS KB for further details:
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q258/5/49.ASP>http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/ar...s/Q258/5/49.ASP</A>
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Cheers!

jharris

Well, I finally found a solution to the problem. I would up reloading W2K using the Upgrade Option, then reinstalling SR1. This took about an hour, but now everything works as designed. Thanks to all the Loungers that took the time to reply.