2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Date in the subform (Access 2000)

In my subform i tried to add a field for a date for the actions with a given client.I owe this excellent form to this Forum.Unfortunately it seems to me that this is not a good idea to have a date in the subform.But somehow i have to tie up the memo with the date when this memo is issued.Which is the right way to apply a date in the subform ?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Date in the subform (Access 2000)

You have set the Default Value property of the Date field to =Now(), so if you create a new record in the subform, the Date field will be set to the current date and time. Nothing will happen in already existing records. What exactly is your problem?

Note: it is not a very good idea to name a field Date, since Date is also a built-in function. Better name it IssueDate or something like that.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

There is no problem having the date in the subform - it makes complete sense to do so.

But , as Hans said, you need to use a different name, and , if you just want a date, set the default to =date().

See attachment
    Regards
    John

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you to you both Hans and John.it is all clear to me now.Thank you John for the excellent form.I have all my problems solved thanks to you