Thread: OneCare

Thanks

OneCare

I don't know if anyone has had a chance to install and use this yet, but I have been using the Windows defender and it at least seems to do its job.
    Regardless I purchased OneCare for my daughters new laptop, and plan to put it on her mothers' PC and laptop as well. I would appreciate any feedback that anyone has on OneCare.
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Thanks

Re: OneCare

You could check for posts in the Security and Other Software forums. I haven't seen much discussion lately, but there was a bit during the beta.

Thanks

Re: OneCare (Follow Up)

Well my verdict on OneCare is in, and for what it is worth, I am removing it from the computers that I installed it on.
    Here is what happened:
    On laptop one, my wife likes to play Everquest" so I shut down OneCare and installed the game. After going through the hurdles, allowing Everquest etc. the game still would not play. I uninstalled both the game and OneCare, and re-installed Zone Alarm. All is well now in river city.
    Laptop two,I took my family to a golf resort this weekend and my daughter brought her laptop. When she tried to connect, the usual login web page wouldnt even come up. I shut down One Care and immediately the page came up. Now what good is that? I told her to disconnect and use my wifes( they have to have something to do while Im golfing Ok!) when I plugged my wifes in the login page immediately appeared along with the Zone Alarm alert, and voila instant access. GoodBye One CAre.....
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

So you don't have One Care left in the world...!

John

PS Have you tried the Windows Live Safety Center beta?
    <font face="Script MT Bold"><font color=blue><big><big>John</big></big></font color=blue></font face=script>

Ita, esto, quidcumque...

Thanks

Not a One !
    Thanks John