3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

all new messages appear blank (2007)

I downloaded the Outlook 2007 beta last week and it appeared to be working just fine. All my old messages are available, and I am able to see them in outlook. However, any messages which have been downloaded since switching to 2007 appear as blank. Turning on autopreview gives me the first two lines or so of text, but both the reading pane and the messages itself when opened appear blank.

There is no warning message at the top of the opened message that any content has been blocked. I'm sure this is a simple matter of tweaking a setting, but I've been through all the settings I can find, and nothing seems to help.
    Samantha

Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks!
    Robert A. Heinlein - Time Enough for Love

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: all new messages appear blank (2007)

Do you have AVG (anti-virus)? If so, try turning off AVG's email scanner - there are several reports that it causes this problem.

Since Office 2007 is still in beta, you might be better off asking your question in the Microsoft Office Beta Community: Newsgroups. That way, Microsoft becomes aware of the problem.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: all new messages appear blank (2007)

Thank you Hans, that seems to have done the trick. Yesterday's messages now appear as expected.

I will report this over on the Beta users newsgroup, it's just that this is like home, where I always turn first for advice. Perhaps at the official beta users newsgroup, they'll have some suggestion as to how to recover the text from those now-blank emails.
    Samantha

Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks!
    Robert A. Heinlein - Time Enough for Love