3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Using wav file as transition sound (2003)

I have a presentation of 36 slides. I have selected a transition (Split Vertical In) and would like to apply it to all slides. I have selected a song as a wav file (Sound:Other Sound...) All the slides in the presentation are advanced automatically after 3 seconds. The problem is that with each slide transition it plays only the first three seconds of the song. Am I able to have the song play throughout by inserting the wav file in a transition, as I have done, or must I use the conventional method of Insert>Movies and Sounds>Sound From File?

Thank you very much.
    Alan Silberlight

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Using wav file as transition sound (2003)

I am replying to my own post because I think I may have found my answer. I believe that my problem was that I clicked on the Apply to All Slides button. Therefore, I solved the problem by doing the following:

1. Adding 6 more slides so that all 42 slides had a transition of 3 seconds each. That was enough to play the song.
    2. Adding transitions to EACH slide manually, slide by slide. I did use different transitions.
    3. Making sure that I did not touch the Apply to All Slides button.

I did achieve the results that I wanted. However, I am still left with one question. If I stay with the same transition for all slides, is there any way to avoid setting up each slide manually, slide by slide? The process is time consuming and if there is a way to save this time, I would love to use it.

Again, thank you very much.
    Alan Silberlight

Thanks

Re: Using wav file as transition sound (2003)

Apply the transition to the slide master.
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile