3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook signature fonts (2003 SP2)

I was making up a new signature and noticed that HTML, initially using the built in editor and then also with Word, the font displays in the editing phase as I intend. I have picked Trebuchet MS which is what displays during the "creation" process.

When I click "new" and a new email is created the signature that is actually inserted appears as Times New Roman.

I have deleted the sig files and started over but this strange behavior repeats whether I use the standard editor or Word.

-Jester
    I know enough to know I don't know enough

Thanks

Re: Outlook signature fonts (2003 SP2)

I suspect Outlook 2003 is still governed by your IE settings - check if you have over-ridden HTML-defined fonts.

Bear in mind that the recipient will also need to have any specified font installed (and enabled) to view what you would like them to.

Thanks

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the suggestion. All is clean in IE and no special boxes were checked. I've had this happen at home with Win 98SE and Outlook 2000 and just recently at work which is XP Pro SP2 and Outlook 2003. After repeated attempts to clean up the sigs by either random acts of frustration or some combination, the key to which yet escapes me, I get it working again. Maybe once a year, not like it is a weekly issue.

I've gotten the current bout fixed but still don't know the exact cause or fix.

-Jester

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I'll keep the article in mind however I do NOT use Word as email editor. I did try to fix the sig using Word after futile efforts within the default editor but I do not use Word as the editor, at least not knowingly and any time I use another PC and create a profile I even turn Word off as it sometimes appears to be the default on some of our images.

-Jester