3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Gannt Charts (Excel XP)

In a previous post, I found a link to a Microsoft page on how to build gannt charts with vba. The MS article is Q12360. When the chart is created it uses two colors to show completed time and remaining time for the task. Looking through the code, I do not see any reference to colors so I assume that this code is just defaulting to some default colours from Excel. Presently the colours are purple for dayw completed and a washed out yellow for days remaining. What I am wondering is if there is a way to have the colour change to an entirely different colour on the completion date? For example, on the final day of the task instead of having the chart showing purple , it would change to red.

Hope this makes sense. Thanks.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Gannt Charts (Excel XP)

It would help if a) you mentioned the correct MSKB number, and [img]/forums/images/smilies/cool.gif[/img] you posted a link to it - see <!help=19>Help 19<!/help>.
    It is <!mskb=123260>Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 123260<!/mskb>.
    Do you mean that you would want the chart to change color spontaneously on a specified day? You would have to run code in the Workbook_Open event to check the date, and to change the chart colors if needed. Rather complicated.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Gannt Charts (Excel XP)

Apology for the typing error. Yes I wanted to have the color change on a specific date. As you mentioned it is rather complicated, therefore it probably not worth the time. Thanks.