Lounger
    Thanks

Project crashing other progs (Proj 2000 SR1)

I've just installed Project 2000 SR1 and it's crashing other programs left and right.

The Project installation seemed to go smoothly (including registration) and it started right up after installation. I tried to open a Word doc and Word opened, displayed the document and closed right away before I could even click on anything. I've tried getting into Outlook, Setup factory and some other progs -- all of them open then close immediately.

I've had MS Office (Wd, Excl, OL, PP, Access) up and running for months without a problem (amazingly) and it is version 2000 (SR1 not SR1a) so I wouldn't expect that to be a conflict. I have no idea what's going on the other progs since I don't think they're related to Microsoft anything at all.

I uninstalled Project and am still having the open/crash problems with almost every program I try to run. Any clue what I should try next?

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Project crashing other progs (Proj 2000 SR1)

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by WebGenii on 06-Jul-01 15:12.</FONT></P>I found an answer to much of the problem in <A target="_blank" HREF=http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q270/1/25.ASP?LN=EN-US&SD=gn&FR=0&qry=Q270125&rnk=1&src=DHCS_MSPSS_gn_ SRCH&SPR=PRJ2K>Microsoft KB Q270125</A>. Now to figure out the other crashes....