4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Table properties (Win XP Access 2003)

Could you help me use the Order By and Filter table properties, please. In design view, table properties, Order By, I place a table name, but the table order does not change. The same with the Filter property. I put a statement such as OrderID >5,, but no filtering occures.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Table properties (Win XP Access 2003)

Those properties are meant for interactive use, but since end users should never manipulate a table directly, they are pretty useless. If you want to filter or sort, create a query with the required filter and sort order, and use that as record source of a form or report. (In a report, specify the sort order in the Sorting and Grouping window)

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I agree with your comments, but I would still like to know how to use these properties. It is an academic issue, I guess.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

You normally set a filter and a sort order in datasheet view, using the Records menu (or using the corresponding toolbar buttons or right-click menu options). The Filter and Order By properties will be set accordingly by Access. But setting the properties will not automatically affect the way the table is displayed. That's why you need a query.