New Lounger
    Thanks

Word Macro Security (Word XP SP3)

We use Word in an educational environment with other teaching and learning software. One piece of software now causes Word to ask the standard question about Macro security when it is loaded. I need to find a way to set the Macro Security Level lower for all users - Word reverts to high for each user that logs in. With so many students using the system it becomes difficult for them as they do not understand the question and which option to choose. Putting the software vendor in the trusted list only works for that one logged in user and does not carry over.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Word Macro Security (Word XP SP3)

Thanks for the answer - but I cannot find the solution to what I am trying to accoplish in the link you sent. I need to set a universal lower level so that the security measure does not popup. Any number of students may login at different times to the machine throughout the day to use Word. I was wondering if there was a registry entry I can make or something along those lines?

Lounger
    Thanks

Scott,

The network administrator can set the default macro security level for the workgroup 'students' to low. This should solve the problem.

Paul

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

The Microsoft article suggests using a system policy to enforce a security level. This can probably done through Group Policy Object, but I cannot help you with that.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for that Paul - this is something new to us could you point me in the general direction of the administrator sets that for all users? Again all help much appreciated.

Lounger
    Thanks

AYYYY,

I was afraid you might ask me that. I gather you have no system administrator? I am just a humble trainer. I haven't got a clue. I will ask around.

Paul

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Try downloading and reading Managing Windows XP Service Pack 2 Features Using Group Policy, and this article about policies in the Office 2003 Resource kit.

Come back to ask more questions if you need to.

StuartR