Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Page size in Excel workbook (Excel 2003)

If I need excels default page size to be A4, (currently defaults Legal Letter each time I open a new W/[img]/forums/images/smilies/cool.gif[/img]...do I need to change the Book.xlt template? I have tried running a windows search for Book.xlt on my C: drive, but nothing was found.

Sorry for asking this again....In old template posts on the boards, it seems to point to the fact that I need to open a new blank w/b, make the changes and save it into the XLStart folder as Book.xlt...this sould override the original template....but whe I atempted this, the save did not work, as a msgbox prompts that the Book.xlt is already in use?

Please correct me sot that I can set up Excel to use A4 paper size by default.

Tx
    Regards,
    Rudi

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Page size in Excel workbook (Excel 2003)

If Book.xlt is in use, it must exist. Make sure that you display hidden files and folders in Windows Explorer, otherwise you won't find it.

Apart from that, default paper size is a printer setting, and it is also linked to your regional settings. What is the standard in South Africa?

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

A4 is standard here.

How can I open the Book.xlt file to change the paper size? When I tried to do this yesterday using the search feature, it did not locate it as I was at the company site and I probably did not have rights to those folders???
    Regards,
    Rudi

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Read my previous reply.