4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Using Office Tool (2000)

Hello I have created a word document email using the Office tool. I have used forms within the word document since it is for a survey, however when I send it to recipients it is just received in HTML format. Is there a way that the recipient can recieve in in the word format that I designed, ready for them to complete save and return back to me?

Thanks Darren.

Thanks

Re: Using Office Tool (2000)

Can you not just send it as a Word attachment?

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I could but I work in an environment where people don't complete things unless it is in their face. Aas a word document that is open and ready to complete on opening the e mail it would encourage them to complete. I am right to understand what I need cannot be done?

Thanks Darren.

Thanks

Well, I think you will find that HTML is how Outlook sends a formatted 'document'. From the sound of things, what you want to happen is for the document to be received as a document, and I suspect the only way that can happen is for the recipient to receive it as an attachment.

If HTML format, the recipient can still click on Reply and add their 'comments', but the format or style this is done in will depend on the user's individual preferences as regards indentations, etc. Then you may find some recipients don't use Outlook, or only view incoming emails in Plain Text.....

Could you create a link to the document or an on-line form that could be filled in via a browser? If the recipient can't be bother to click on a hyperlink, the chances are they may not be bothered to complete the survey anyway!

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Leif, much appreciated.

Darren.