Star Lounger
    Thanks

Roaming LOGOs!!! (WORD '03)

I have a number of tech documents that change from page layout Portrait to page layout Landscape. I need to have the footers look right for the differing page setups. OK, what I mean is, there are three pieces of info that I need to have in the footers: Document title , page number, and logo at the far end of the footer.
    When I fix it so the alignment is right for the landscape page layout, this screws up the footer appearance in the portrait page setup....How do I rescue myself? THanks!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Roaming LOGOs!!! (WORD '03)

You'll have to set up the headers and footers differently for the landscape sections than for the portrait sections. By default, the header and footer of each section are the same as those of the preceding section, so if you edit a header or footer, it affects the entire document. You will have to go into the header, go through the sections, and turn off "Same as previous" for each section (starting with the second section). Do the same for the footers.
    You can then change the header or footer for one section without affecting the rest of the document.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Star Lounger
    Thanks

OK, now, I'm ideally wishing for the footer to have the
    Title of document aligned to the L margin, the page # in footer to be centered, and the company logo to be aligned to the R corner of the footer...
    I don't seem to be able to do this as I can only get the entire content of the footer to be in ONE aligned position .....

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Use the Tab key - the Footer style has a centered tab in the middle and a right-aligned tab on the right margin.
    You will have to adjust the tab positions for the landscape sections - make sure that the ruler is visible, and drag the tabs to the correct positions. (Or even better, define a FooterLandscapestyle with the tabs in the correct positions, and apply this style to the footers of the landscape sections)

Star Lounger
    Thanks

When you wisely recommend I, "define a FooterLandscapestyle with the tabs in the correct positions, and APPLY THIS STYLE to the footers of the landscape sections)
    " I don't know how to do this...unfortunately....

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Create the style:

1) Go to the footer for a landscape section.
    2) Drag the tabs on the ruler to the correct positions - the centered one halfway between the left and right margins, and the right-aligned one plumb on the right margin.
    3) Activate the Styles and Formatting task pane.
    4) Click New Style.
    5) Type FooterLandscape in the Name box.
    6) Click OK.

Apply it:

1) Go to the footer of the first landscape section.
    2) Click on FooterLandscape in the list of styles in the Styles and Formatting task pane, or select it from the Style dropdown box in the toolbar.
    3) Repeat for each landscape section.

(If you're working with Word so much of the time, shouldn't you take a course in it?)