Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Acronis Disk Director Suite 10

Here's a little something to watch out for. Back in February 2006 I mentioned in <post:=556,444>post 556,444</post:> that my copy of the software had started showing "Demo" version in its title and wouldn't let me commit any changes to a disk. Well, it's happened again and I don't know what's triggering this malady, for I had followed Acronis' instructions the last time and it cleared the problem. At that time, I was up to Build 2089 and sometime since I've installed another update to Build 2117. I didn't notice at the time, but their update process may be causing this problem, I don't know. The next time they issue an update, you can bet I'll be watching. That's the trouble with a utility like this that you don't use very often. The only reason I noticed it yesterday is that I just bought a 160 gig USB external and wanted to work on it.

Thanks

Re: Acronis Disk Director Suite 10

Al,
    Did you do an uninstall of the old version first before installing the the update?
    BOB
    http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/flags/USA.gif http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/f...sachusetts.gif

Long ago, there was a time when men cursed and beat on the ground with sticks. It was called witchcraft.
    Today it is called golf!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Acronis Disk Director Suite 10

No. There's no indication that I can see that requires one to uninstall an old version of either of the two Acronis products prior to installing an update. Do you know something I don't?