3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Exchange 2003 Mailbox Manager

I want to start using the Exchange Mailbox Manager to start cleaning out some mailboxes. I want to start with Deleted Items over 1 year and then go from there.

However, I just finished dealing with an Exchange issue and had to use Exmerge to export everything, then reimport. Now nothing is over a month old.

Is there a way / a registry key / something that will let Mailbox Manager base its cleanup on sent/receive dates and not last modified?

- or - Is there another way to do what I want that is not using Outlook's autoarchive?

Thanks

Re: Exchange 2003 Mailbox Manager

Perhaps you can use VBScript or some of Microsoft's other scripting tools? Try this site for some ideas: http://www.exchangecookbook.com/

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts

See Message age limit properties that are used by Mailbox Manager in Exchange Server 2003 and in Exchange 2000 Server for the date rules used. It does not appear to be configurable. This exchange mail box manager - Google Search has links to some other mailbox management products that you may want to investigate.

Joe
    Joe

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts

You may also be able to find more information or help at Microsoft Exchange Server Solutions or [Microsoft Exchange Server Development Technologies.

Joe
    Joe