Lounger
    Thanks

phantom reply (2002)

one of my users is getting an occasional reply where in auto preview he can see the latest reply, but when opened all the previous messages and replies are there but not the new reply, going back to the inbox he can see the first few lines of the new reply still but not when opened. He is using rich text mode asp CO. policy

Thanks

Re: phantom reply (2002)

I'm not sure I understand. The user received a message from someone else (which happens to be a reply). AutoPreview shows some contents, but when the message is opened, there is nothing there.

Can you rule out something silly like white text on a white background?

Does it change if the user is using Word as the editor versus Outlook as the editor?

Is this in a PST (Personal folders file) or in an Exchange mailbox? You might consider using the Inbox Repair Tool (scanpst.exe) if it is a PST, and rebuilding the OST file if it is an Exchange mailbox, in case there is some file corruption. Of course, make backups first!

Lounger
    Thanks

>The user received a message from someone else (which happens to be a reply). AutoPreview shows some contents,< Yes, the 1st several lines which are the current reply
    >but when the message is opened, there is nothing there.< No, All previous replies are there. The reply just sent is not yet it is still in the autopreview

the user is forced to use word as the e-mail editor and rich text the organization uses other programs that require this setup this is a PST setup, repair hasn't worked

Thanks

If the user tries to forward the message, does the missing text appear? Can it be copied and pasted into another document?

Sorry, I don't support either Word as editor or RTF as format, so I'm not familiar with how something like this could happen...