Lounger
    Thanks

PST File Import (2007 Beta 2)

I have an approx 12 Mb pst file but when I import it into Outlook 2007, only the emails I have added since installing Office 2007 appear to be there. All my previous contacts, calendar entries, personal folders do not appear but with a file size of 12 Mb they must be there! Anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Thanks

Re: PST File Import (2007 Beta 2)

I don't know anything about Outlook 2007. However, is it possible to simply open the old PST file directly using File>Open>Outlook Data File (or similar command)? Then you could browse the folders in the PST and see what's there, bypassing any problems in the import feature.

Incidentally, like many programs that use "database" storage, space that has been used in the past but is no longer in use may not be automatically squeezed out of the file. So unfortunately, the fact that the file is 12MB doesn't guarantee that there is anything left in it. Presumably you have a backup from your previous version of Office.

Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you for your input...when I open the file as you suggest I just get the same...ver little info.
    However, I did not know this option was there...thanks!

And no ...I do not have a backup...I will learn!

Thanks

You might want to do a global search of your PC under cocuments and Settings to see whether you have any other PST files. For example, Outlook 2007 might have done some archiving, so you might have an archive.pst file. Or you might have another Outlook.pst file under a different folder (e.g., Office11, Office12...). If you don't find any PST file searching this way, you may not be viewing hidden files and folders. You can change that setting in My Computer or Windows Explorer using Tools>Folder Options...,View tab.