2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Corrupted database (access 2003)

IMPORTANT
    While doing some research on this site for mail merge automation I came upon several sample databases. One of which I downloaded and opened i beleive has corrupted the program.
    Any database that I open, whether it be new or old no contains 5 additional tables; msysstorage, msysstorage, msysobjects, msysqueries, msysrelationships.
    I am denied permission to change or delete these tables(no "delete data permission") The table icons in the database window are grayed.

I have tried repairing, uninstalling and reinstalling access and office 2003 with the same outcome. The program otherwise seems to be working satisfactorily, though slow on opening. I can attach a new database with these issues but I thought that I would wait to see if this was a good idea or not.
    Any ideas??

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Corrupted database (access 2003)

It may have been as simple as hiding the system objects in the view option tab. I had never seen this presentation before-how it changed I do not know. If I was overly alarmed about the possible corruption I apologize-Thanks

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Corrupted database (access 2003)

It looks like one of the databases you downloaded had some code that changed some of the Access view options.

Those tables are always present, but usually hidden.
    Regards
    John