New Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook 2000 Rules Wizard Error (Outlook 2000 SP3 )

My Outlook 2000 SP3 Rules Wizard is not working correctly. Two months ago had to install new disc drive because of virus and had to reload entire Windows 2000 ver 5.0 SP4, Outlook 2000 SP3 (professional Office Suite edition), and Internet Explorer 6.0 SP1.

Everytime I open Outlook I have to manually go into Rules Wizard and set up my rule to move any messages received through "____@________.com to be moved into Folder ____. The error message comes up "object not found", if I close the application, I have to reset up. I will sometimes hold the rule and perform correctly if I do not close the Outlook application.

I have 3 separate email addresses that come into my Outlook. Any guidance will be appreciated. (contacted Microsoft, they do not support Outlook 2000 -- and we will not upgrade - small office and other applications will not work with 2003 and XP).

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook 2000 Rules Wizard Error (Outlook 2000 SP3 )

Welcome to the Lounge.

Have you deleted and rebuilt your Rule(s)? Outlook 2000 Rules don't seem to be as robust as Outlook XP and 2003, and in my past experience if folders were moved Rules could lose track of them and error out.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook 2000 Rules Wizard Error (Outlook 2000 SP3 )

JohnBF,

Yes, I have deleted all rules and started over (several times unfortuately without success).

The boards on Microsoft are no help! Thank you for your suggestion.

Thanks

Re: Outlook 2000 Rules Wizard Error (Outlook 2000

I don't know whether this will make any difference, but...

After you have the rules re-set-up to the correct settings, try using the Rules Wizard's export feature to generating a clean file of your rules. Then, after closing Outlook, rename the existing Rules file (name similar to Outlook.rwz or MyProfileName.rwz) to hide it from Outlook. Restart Outlook, and use the Rules Wizard's import feature to import the file you created. This will build a fresh .rwz file for your profile. Perhaps now it will "stick"?

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook 2000 Rules Wizard Error (Outlook 2000

Thank you I will try that. I let you know if successful. Thank you again for the help!