Star Lounger
    Thanks

Custom Calendar Forms (Outlook 2003)

Hi All, I'm very new to outlook and forms ... but, I'm being asked to create a public calendar for tracking studies and they want customized appointment forms.

I want to use the Appointment form as my starting point for the new Calendar form ... however when I select Appointment from Tools | Forms | Design A Form ... the Appointment tab appears to be "not" editable? However, if the form was a Contact form ... all the tabs appear editable. I think I am missing something ...

As always, any help is appreciated ...
    --cat

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Custom Calendar Forms (Outlook 2003)

Sorry, cat, but according to MS TechNet - Using Microsoft Outlook Forms ... How Do Microsoft Outlook Forms Work? you cannot modify the main Form layout of Appointment forms (and likewise cannot modify the main Task and Journal form), you can only modify the additional pages. You might look in http://www.outlookcode.com (see the tiny search box in the upper left of the page) and also starting from here.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks, John. I'll just try to duplicate what I need and not display the Appointment tab.

(Just feeling a little frustrated since this company hired me to do an excel/vb project and now I'm working in Outlook .... )
    --cat

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

I haven't worked in Outlook Forms design - would it be possible to use a highly modified Message form and code it to write to target Public Folder Calendar Appointments? Also, did you try looking at the Meeting Request Form (which probably has the same limitation as the Appointment form). Just shooting in the dark ...
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS