3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Intel D865PERL Reboot

I've just got hold of one of these which I am using with an Intel 2.8E 800FSB CPU and 512Mb memory. It came with, IIRC, a P16 BIOS and I updated it to the latest P21 (RL86510A.86A.0089.P21.EB.EXE) BIOS.

Before I updated it I had no real issues but since updating it I can't seem to switch it off using the soft off switch (not the hard switch on the back of the PSU) ... I push the button and it goes off, less than a second later it powers up again. If I hard switch it off then on again it stays off.

I'm sure it's something I've done and, although I can't be sure, I don't think it's a BIOS setting ... my next step would be (if I can find one) to update it backwards (apply an earlier BIOS revision) but I just wondered if anyone had any ideas what might cause this?

Kyu

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts

Re: Intel D865PERL Reboot

Check your power settings to see what happens when you press the power button: Right click on the desktop and select Display Properties | Screen Saver | Power | Advanced.

Joe
    Joe

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Joe,

It may well be power related but it isn't OS related ... I haven't got as far as installing anything yet [img]/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I've posted messages on other forums and these are the suggestions I've had:

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts

Glad you got it resolved. Good luck with the rest.

Joe
    Joe