New Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook Tasks association (Outlook XP)

We have three users that have been granted access to a shared "Contacts" folder residing on a fouth users Outlook. We associate Calendar entries with a shared contact entry and all users are able to view the association when they open the contact - under the "Activities" tab. However, we are unable to do the same with a Tasks entry. Only the main owner of the shared Contacts folder is able to view all associated activities. We have played with permissions and do not feel that is the issue. Has anyone been successful associating a Task with a Contact and having multiple users able to view the association?

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook Tasks association (Outlook XP)

<P ID="edit" class=small>(Edited by JohnBF on 27-Jun-06 12:28. )</P>In a brief test, I can associate a Task with a Contact via Activities only if I Assign that Task to that Contact. Don't know about multiple users, but it should be possible with Assignments of the Task to multiple users.

Edit. A little diversion. In VBA the Task Owner is a read/write Property, so I tested this VBA code:

Sub ChangeTaskOwner()
    If ActiveInspector.CurrentItem.Class = olTask Then
    With ActiveInspector.CurrentItem
    .Owner = "Smith, Sue; Jones, John"
    .Save
    End With
    End If
    End Sub

But the bad news is that task owner can only be changed in a Public Folder; if the task is a User level task the code errors when the .Save Method line runs. Also, in testing after the ownership reassignment line but before the .Save line, only the first owner was recognized under the Contact Activities tab.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS