Thread: FormText (2002)

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

FormText (2002)

A user got a form from an external source and completed part of the "fill-in", saved the file, then e-mailed it to someone else in the company (for them to complete the information). The person getting the partially filled in form didn't get any of the info previously filled in...I have not looked at the form, but understand it seems to have been using "formtext" fields from the forms toolbar. What would cause the filled in data to vanish, and how should the user have saved the file to retain the info filled in? Was there something set in the original that cleared the forms?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: FormText (2002)

If the document was sent as an attachment, the fields should survive intact. But if the document was sent using File | Send To | Mail Recipient..., only the values of the text form fields will survive, the check box and dropdown form fields will vanish without a trace. If the user did send an attachment, the only explanation I can think of was that document protection was turned off and then on again before sending. This can easily lead to all form fields being cleared.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

That's what's puzzling me also...they went as attachments -- from the original person to the company person and then inter-company.
    There were only formtext fields and no check boxes nor drop-downs. The formtext fields were gone on the second person's attachment.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Is the message still available in the Sent Items folder of the user's mail program? If so, can you open the attachment? Are the fields present?