Thanks

Download from youtube

How to save a flash video from youtube? Somehow their video's don't appear in cache and none of the flash play/save programs I have are able to capture the download. How can I do this? Specifically:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leEsz9ci5XE

Thanks

Re: Download from youtube

If they are streaming it, perhaps they don't want you to download them?

From their Help files:
    <blockquote><hr>How do I watch and save videos?
    Watching videos on YouTube couldn't be easier

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

As Leif says, it won't be here in the Lounge but I know there are freeware applications on the WWW that will do this....just search on Google
    Jerry

Thanks

OK, this is easy to do with a FF extension called MediaPlayerConnectivity available at http://membres.lycos.fr/sethnakht/. The format is FLV.

And before any of you get high and mighty on me, there is nothing illegal about doing this. Youtube is all free videos that have been posted by users. There are no membership fees and none of the videos there are for sale. So no one is "stealing" anything.

While the site may "prefer" that people register to save content in some "favorite" locations, that is up to the user to decide if they want to do that by registering. And when you get into what sites may, again, "prefer" that users do, you quickly find yourself on a slippery slope. For instance, I'm sure that 100% of the web sites that run advertisements would "prefer" that you don't block them using an ad blocker. I'm also 100% certain that TV producers would "prefer" that you don't TIVO their shows and fast forward through the commercials. I could go on but I'll stop here. There is nothing illegal nor wrong about saving FREE videos contributed by ordinary users and made available to all comers, registered or not...