Star Lounger
    Thanks

Word Window Displays Oddly (2003 / SP2)

I tried several searches to see if this is in here somewhere and I am sure I was using the wrong search terms.

When I start Word (Or compose a message using Outlook 2003 / SP2) and if the window is maximized it appears as if the entire window is pushed down anywhere from 1/4 of an inch to 1/2 of an inch down from the top of the screen. If there is another program running and maximized you can see the title bar above the Word window's title bar.

Normally this is not a problem but most of the time the bottom of the window that Word is in is not accessible. This means that I cannot access the Drawing toolbar, which I use a lot.

It does not seem to matter what order I start programs for this to happen.

Running Windows XP SP2 (Up to date with patches) on a Dell Latitude 600 laptop, with the latest and greatist drivers installed. The video card / chip is a Mobility Radeon 9000.

Let me know what other information you might need.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Word Window Displays Oddly (2003 / SP2)

Check out Phil Rabichow's <!post=Systematic Approach to Behavioral Problems in Word (97/2000),197827>Systematic Approach to Behavioral Problems in Word (97/2000)<!/post> (valid for Word 2002 and 2003 too). I suspect that a corrupt Data key in the Windows Registry might well be the cause of this problem. The fourth step in Phil's post describes how to delete it.