Lounger
    Thanks

template won't open (2002/sp2)

i've created a template with several forms in it as individual autotext entries. the user opens a doc then selects the form from a unique drop down menu of macros which opens the autotext as a locked form. the problem is once the template goes up on the server i can access it and use it without a problem. anyone else can open a document, but when they select the autotext via either the menu or manually via insert Autotext, Word locks and has be be shut down. i do not have any additional permissions that the other users do not have. what is particularly strange is that other templates, built identically, will work. any help most appreciated.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: template won't open (2002/sp2)

Sorry for asking a naive question, but are you absolutely sure that the AutoText entries have been saved in this template, and notin a template on your own PC, for example Normal.dot?

Lounger
    Thanks

yes, i just double checked and the autotext is in the template - not in the normal.dot template.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I'd experiment with a very simple template with one or two AutoText entries consisting of a few words each. No more. If you put that in the same folder as the forms template, can others use it successfully?
    If so, the problem is at the template level, if not, it is at the user level.

Lounger
    Thanks

i've tried this and i have other similar templates in the same directory that do work for other users - there seems to be no logic to it.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Without seeing the template, it's hard to guess at the possible cause, but it may have become corrupt. You could try reconstructing it.