Star Lounger
    Thanks

Information Store could not be opened (2003/ )

I am having a problem starting Outlook 2003. When I try to start it I get a message, Connecting to exchange server, I am working offline and do not normally connect to an exchange server, so I click on the work offline button which brings up another error message, " Unable to open your default e-mail folders. The informatoin store could not be opened. And Outlook shuts back down.

I keep contacts in Outlook, but do not use it for email. I am trying to set up a new user account to match up with my PDA that I am going to use to keep a lot of contacts in about a lot of local health agencies and not the rest of my personal contacts, so I need to be able to get into Outlook at all to work on this.

Thanks

Re: Information Store could not be opened (2003/ )

<P ID="edit" class=small>(Edited by jscher2000 on 05-Jul-06 15:22. )</P>> I am trying to set up a new user account...

You don't use Exchange, just a POP3 server... So Outlook by default is looking for an Exchange Server mailbox for this new user? You can use Tools>Email Accounts to change the services in the new user's profile. Assuming your other user's .PST (Personal Folders file) is not in a heavily guarded profile folder, you should be able to access it using File>Open>Outlook Data file. If the new user doesn't have adequate privileges, you might need to move the PST to a generally accessible location.

Added: To change the accounts with Outlook not staying open, try the Mail control panel.