Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook Mail Merge (2000/2002/2003)

Does Outlook has a mail merge capability? Can I use a spreadsheet with email addresses and custom info to send "personalized" emails to folks? ( I can write some VBA, so VBA solutions are great!) Thanks!

Larry

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook Mail Merge (2000/2002/2003)

The best application to use for this is Word. It has a powerful mail merge feature that can use an Excel worksheet (among many others) as data source, and use Outlook to send out personalized e-mail messages.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook Mail Merge (2000/2002/2003)

I agree with Hans that Word has better tools, but Outlook does have mail merge capbilities direct from Outlook, not as powerful or easy to use as those in Word. You will find them as a context-sensitive menu which appears when you are viewing Contacts, under Tools | Mail Merge. I don't believe that Outlook's mail-merge capabilities are exposed in the Outlook VBA Object Model (probably due to MS's concerns about Outlook being used as a spam engine), another reason to work from Word.

You will find some Excel-based code solutions to sending Outlook emails to a list of users in a spreadsheet in the Excel Forum (I think ... maybe in this Forum or VBA, feel free to use Lounge Search).
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS