Star Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook Not Sending/Receiving (Outlook 2003)

My Outlook has been having sending and receiving problems ever since we had terrible storms 2 days ago and the computer shut down. We are on a wireless router, however, my computer is the wired one in the house. I'm now getting the password box popping up continuously and even though the password is correct, it still asks me every time it goes to check my mail. I can get webmail, however, just not through my Outlook inbox now. Why is that and how can I fix it? I called Roadrunner and because the email can go to the web mailbox, they won't help me any further. Any advice? Do I need to reinstall Outlook?

Just a side note, I thought perhaps my box was too full so I started to try and delete some messages. I now get an error when I try to delete too that says "The message interface has returned an unknown error. If it persists, restart Outlook. I've restarted 3 times as well as restarted the computer 3 times.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook Not Sending/Receiving (Outlook 2003)

Perhaps your account or profile has become corrupt. Have you tried creating a new account (Tools | E-mail Accounts...), or even a new profile (through the Mail control panel)?

Thanks

Re: Outlook Not Sending/Receiving (Outlook 2003)

On the second point, your Deleted Items folder might now be full.

On the first point, I'm not sure about Outlook 2003, but in earlier versions the account information occasionally became corrupted. The workaround was to use Tools>Email Accounts and create a second account which is exactly the same as the first one, and change the Send/Receive groups settings to use the new one rather than the old one. If it works, you can delete the old account.

If the new account has no memory for passwords either, then you might need to search for info on the protected storage subsystem, a registry technology that relates to passwords. I've read about this here in the Lounge, but don't recall any of the details.