3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Trigger words (Outlook 2003 SP 1)

Can anyone tell me why using the word 'gambling' in Outlook causes it to act funny? One of our products has the word 'gambling' in the title, and in trying to enter a new task with that word, it wants you to save changes before you can type any comments on it, then once the note is done, you can't edit it.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Trigger words (Outlook 2003 SP 1)

I do not have any problems with a Task using the word 'gambling' as a subject in Outlook 2003 Tasks. Can you tell us more? Does this occur on all Outlook client PC's in your company? Could there be any macros in operation, or peculiarities in your custom.dic that might cause the word to be changed?
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Trigger words (Outlook 2003 SP 1)

I didn't try all the pc's, but it does that on my bosses and my computer. About all we use Outlook for is for Tasks and we haven't built any macros in Outlook. We have an Internet filter that doesn't like the word, but we don't use Outlook for Internet purposes or email either.

It's not really a problem, I just found it interesting. My boss found a work-around, although he didn't tell me what it was.