3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook Automation Manualized by SR-2 (Office 200 SR-2)

Silly me didn't read the article in Woody's Office watch recently warning you not to install the Outlook 2000 security update or the Office 2000 SR-2 update if you want to keep Outlook's Automation functionality intact.
    Now whenever you Automate Outlook from Access or any other Office programme you have to manually approve many actions that were previously automatic and silent, semi-defeating the point of having written the code.
    Just wondering if anyone has yet come up with some code to work around this? I guess not or else the patch would become useless.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook Automation Manualized by SR-2 (Office 200 SR-2)

see <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.slipstick.com>http://www.slipstick.com</A>. There are two or three ways of getitng around it, not sure if any will help in your situtation, but i think redemption probably is the best choice. The other option i'm aware of is using extended mapi, but it takes more coding.

ralph_davies

I have exactly the same problem did you find a solution

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

No Ralph, I imagine the solution might be to uninstall then re-install Office without the SR-2 update. I don't see why Microsoft couldn't have made the old full functionality work under some sort of password protection scheme.