5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

changing size of text (Win XP Home)

I have a friend who is having eyesight problems and I want to increase the size of his text in as many areas as possible. I know about changing the resolution settings and about increasing the size of text using the APPEARANCE feature. Also I have been able to increase the text size in Internet Explorer and Outlook Express. But I have some specific questions - how does one increase the size of the text in the list of messages and the list of folders in Outlook Express? Also, in theToolBar in Outlook Express?

Is there a site that gives tips on this type of process?

Thanks for your help and input.

Thanks

Re: changing size of text (Win XP Home)

trebor,
    Have you checked out the options in the Apearance> ADVANCED , drop down options?
    BOB
    http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/flags/USA.gif http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/f...sachusetts.gif

Long ago, there was a time when men cursed and beat on the ground with sticks. It was called witchcraft.
    Today it is called golf!

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Yes I have Bob. But that does not do anything for text in Outlook Express such as the list of messages or the list of folders.

New Lounger
    Thanks

I have been using a MS Keyboard with the zoom function. Enables one to enlarge the text size as needed for my aging eyes on an "as needed" basis.. Might be worth a look.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

In addition to DSchaffnit post:

Click Start | All Programs | Accessories | Accessibility | Magnifier
    You can adjust Magnifier window according to your needs.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Outlook Express is deeply integrated in Windows, that's why you cannot change text size in OL without making global changes in Windows. One way to do so is changing Windows Appearance, as you mentioned. The other way is to change screen resolution to 800x600 or even less. (Both settings you can change from Display Properties window, right-clicking your desktop and choosing Properties from pop-up menu.)

Unfortunately, you have limited choices with OL. Sorry.