Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Can't access the Lounge (XP Home SP2)

This has to be the wierdest one yet. About a month or so ago I could no longer connect to the Lounge or to wopr.com and it's driving me batty. When I attempt to go there using IE or Firefox I experience an extremely long delay and then I get either "Page can't be located" (IE) or a Timeout Error (Firefox). Once in a great while it would connect but only after a terribly long wait (like a minute or two). I'm on a broadband cable connection with both my computer and my wife's so it's normally very fast. All other web pages respond normally -- just those in the wopr domain experience this long delay!

I could kick myself for not thinking to try it on my wife's computer sooner, as that's whre I am now and it works perfectly.

I've tried everything I can think of with my computer including deleting all cookies, temp files, history, etc to no avail. However it has to be something unique to my computer as my wife's works fine and it's on the same cable connection.

So the question is "what do I do to cure this problem?" I've run out of ideas, and darned if I can figure out what setting or feature in my computer is causing this problem. It seems to me that it has to be something external to the browsers, as they both exhibit the same problem.

If anyone has an idea please let me know. I've missed the lounge something awful.

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks

Re: Can't access the Lounge (XP Home SP2)

Does anything in the thread beginning with <post:=576,326>post 576,326</post:> help?

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Can't access the Lounge (XP Home SP2)

Hi Lief, thanks to you and Hans -- that was the problem. It's so nice to be back.