3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Firefox & Thunderbird (Latest)

When I set my (7-year-old Sony 21" CRT) screen to ensure Firefox fills it exactly, there is a considerable black gap around Microsoft applications (such as IE, Word). Is there any way of overcoming this without losing the edges of scroll and tool bars in some apps?

Some time ago I found a version of the Noia Extreme theme that is compatible with Thunderbird/Firefox, but now can't trace it again. The normal version of NE comes up with a message saying it is incompatible with Firefox 1.5.0.4. Can anyone point me in the direction of this suitably modified Noia or suggest any alternative, perhaps more subtly attractive, theme?

Thanks in anticipation

Nick

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Firefox & Thunderbird (Latest)

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks very much indeed Tony. Really nice to have the theme back.

Thanks

> When I set my (7-year-old Sony 21" CRT) screen to ensure Firefox fills it exactly, there is a considerable black gap
    > around Microsoft applications (such as IE, Word). Is there any way of overcoming this without losing the edges of
    > scroll and tool bars in some apps?

I don't understand this... Is the "gap" part of your Windows desktop or an unused area on the monitor? Are you maximizing the application windows? I thought everything would maximize to the same size... Stretching them manually may be less predictable, but still, it seems odd.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for your reply - the gap is an unused part (showing as black margin all the way round) of the monitor. If I get rid of it for Firefox by enlarging the screen display area with the monitor's size control button, other applications have their edges clipped off so that part or all of toolbars/scrollbars are lost. In other words everything does not maximize to the same size.