2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Remembering web search addresses (IE 6.0)

Whenever I do a Search the Web in that window, a dropdown pane showes the previous searches for that begining letter of the word I am about to type in to the window. I am not talking where the links are located at the top, but the search the web window where you type in a word or words to search the entire web. How do you get rid of the previous searches history in Internet Explorer so that the previous searches don't appear. I do not want to use this feature on some of the computers I use. Thanks for the information to those who can assist. thanks, John

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Remembering web search addresses (IE 6.0)

To delete search history (AutoComplete forms history) in Internet Explorer:
    1) Select "Tools" then "Internet Options".
    2) Open the "Content" tab.
    3) Click the "AutoComplete" button.
    4) Click the "Clear forms" button to delete all AutoComplete form data and/or click the "Clear Passwords" to delete restored passwords.
    You can also delete search history using Clear All History "Clear browser history" feature for Internet Explorer.
    Jerry

Administrator
    Thanks

Are you using a toolbar search function? If so, then try 'pushing' the icon for the toolbar - most of these have a clear search history selection. If not, can you post a screenshot?

Joe

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

jEZZA AND JOEPEREZ, THANK YOU FOR THE ASSISTANCE!!!! JOHN