5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Consolidating Data (2000SBE)

Hi All,

I am in a bit of a quandary about how to approach this and am seeking some input about how to go about it:

I have six worksheets, each of which imports a text file containing various data such as sales, inventory totals, food cost amounts, cash figures, etc. Each sheet has columns containing the date, day, and the specific information for that day underneath.

I want to put certain values from each of the six sheets into another sheet, by day. I have a calendar control to select the day for which to show the "report" in the seventh sheet. How do I go through the six sheets and return a column from each sheet containing, say "July 4", into the seventh sheet as a result of the calendar click event?

I started with the report manager add-in, but did not think it would be wise to make 31 separate views for each sheet for a month that had 31 days, then 31 separate reports for the consolidation sheet.

Attached is a one sheet workbook with one of the six sheets mentioned above. Layout and formatting is the same for all of the other five sheets I am pulling from.

Thanks,
    Attached Files Attached Files

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Consolidating Data (2000SBE)

You should be able to use the HLOOKUP function to scan the data sheets for the date you are interested in and then put the data from that column into the summary sheet.
    Legare Coleman

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Consolidating Data (2000SBE)

Thanks Legare, geez I am asking myself why I did not think of that! Would have taken me less time to write the lookup code than make the post!

Thanks,