Thread: Copying Styles?

New Lounger
    Thanks

Copying Styles?

[img]/w3timages/icons/hairy.gif[/img] I'm having a problem copying (through vba code) the paragraph styles from one document into a new blank document (created from normal.dot) when the new blank doc doesn't already have the styles in it. I am receiving an automation error. This worked extremely well in office 97, but now it doesn't work in office 2000. Any ideas?

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Copying Styles?

I don't see any way to exactly FIX that, but why not use a file other than normal.dot? Or at least get all the files into normal.dot by opening normal.dot directly, type a line of text. Change that line of text to whatever styles you want to use. Delete the line of text, and then save and close normal.dot.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the info. Actually, I did modify normal.dot to include all of my specific styels late last week and (in testing) it seemed to work fine. I'm awaiting news from the user to see if that completely fixes the problems they are having. Also just trying to see if anyone had any other ideas. Thanks again.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

It also might be worthwhile posting the code that is causing the error - maybe someone here will be able to spot what's going wrong (then again, maybe not[img]/w3timages/icons/crazy.gif[/img]).